- NUIG is the Ireland's top university for student retention- Sunday Times 2011
- Ireland's top university for graduate employability with 96% of graduates employed or in further study within six months of graduating.
- NUIG was awarded QS Five Stars Rating in 2012.
- International Students comprise 12% of the entire student body at NUIG. NUIG have many years experience welcoming students from countries around the world and have developed a range of support services to help international students adapt to studying and living Ireland.
- Study facilities :
- The James Hardiman Library is the main University Library and is right at the heart of the campus. We also have a dedicated Medical Library which is located off-campus, in the Clinical Sciences Institute in the nearby University College Hospital.
- The University Bookshop is located in the basement of the Library Building. Any prescribed texts that you need for your NUI Galway courses will be available here, together with a range of lighter reading material.
- The Students' Union also operate a year-round online second-hand bookshop on their website.
- Sport facilities :
- The are two prayer rooms available; one is located in the main campus and the one in the Clinical Science Institute.
Medicine is the main course of choice among Malaysian Students. Starting from last year, there are about 250 medical students for each batch, with an average of 60 Malaysian students.
There are 10 student accommodations available for NUI Galway students. Most of the years, first year Malaysian students are being placed in Dunaras Village and Atlantis Apartment.
Dunaras Village is situated within 20-25 minutes walking distance from the campus while Atlantis Apartment is less than 10 minutes walking distance. Buses to the campus are provided.
All Malaysian students will move out and rent a house nearer to campus and hospital after a year.
Mediteranean shop (known as 'Pak Mat') and Aroma store are the only two halal stores near to Malaysian community. The price is affordable. Malaysian foods are also available in those stores such as maggi, habhal soy sauce, maggi chilli sauce, milo and etc. Raw ingredients to cook Malaysian foods are also available. These includes green chillies, lemon grass, coconut milk, basmati rice and more.
Where to go for shopping?
Here, many available supermarkets, such as Dunnes located near the student accommodation, thus making it easier for students to buy groceries.
Shop street in Eyre Square are also giving you more choices for shopping, from personal stuffs, to Asian food are also available.
There is approximately 150 Malaysians including undergraduates and post graduates.
What to Prepare
All important documents! Especially :
- Offer Letter from University
- Letter of Good Conduct
Credit to: JOM 2012 http://www.facebook.com/events/291474287612399/